Summer Reading Club (SRC)
Well, in a word - different! Let's do this!
2020 Summer Reading Club
Dig Deeper: Read, Investigate, Discover
June 1 – July 31
Welcome to the Summer Reading Club! Please select one of the options below:
I would like to REGISTER for the Summer Reading Club!
I have already registered. I would like to TRACK MY READING!
Summer Reading Club Registration
- The Summer Reading Club has a new format this year! Please read all instructions.
- The Summer Reading Club is free and open to everyone ages 3-103.
- Please submit a separate registration for each member of your family. Parents can join too!
- You do not need a library card to participate in the Summer Reading Club, but you are encouraged to get one if you live within the library district boundaries. TEMPORARY CARDS can be applied for. With a temporary card, you can access the DIGITAL LIBRARY and use CURBSIDE PICKUP.
- The goal for all readers is 15 minutes per day, for a total of 105 minutes per week.
- All forms of reading count towards your goal. Read by yourself. Read aloud to others. Listen to a story or audiobook. Read books from home, the digital library, or books from the library. The choice is yours!
- When you pick up your first Discovery Kit (more on that later), you will receive a paper reading record to help you track your minutes!
- Return weekly to this website to let us know that you completed your goal.
- Prefer to call? We can enter information on your behalf when you call 217-935-5174.
- Read to win! Receive an entry into a prize drawing for every week you report to us! The drawing will take place at the end of the Summer Reading Club.
- There will be no in-person events or programs at the library this summer. Instead, readers will receive weekly Discovery Kits filled with crafts and activities for at-home fun!
- New Discovery Kits are available beginning on Monday each week. Readers can select a Children’s Discovery Kit or a Teen/Adult Discovery Kit. Jr. High readers can decide which kit is best for them. One kit per person, per week, please!
- Kits can be picked up at the library during Library hours:
Hours subject to change.
- You do not need an appointment to pick up Discovery Kits. You can also request that Discovery Kits be added to your curbside pickup order.
- Discovery Kit pickup procedures may change based on the governor’s orders.
- Follow Us: Like or follow us on our Facebook page, @VespasianWarner to find weekly videos and tutorials for additional fun and learning!
Week 1: June 1-6, Create!
Week 2: June 7-13, Take Wing!
Week 3: June 14-20, Yummy for your Tummy!
Week 4: June 21-27, Read with the Rhythm!
Week 5: June 28-July 4, Grow! Bloom!
Week 6: July 5-11, From the Earth!
Week 7: July 12-18, Play Ball!
Week 8, July 19-25, Look Up!
Week 9, July 26-31, Rain or Shine, the Library is Here for You!
What Will SRC Look Like?
SRC Registration will all be done on-line this year!
To sign up, just fill out the form below!
Now that you are registered, just come back to this page to fill out the Reading Log below to record your minutes each week!! Remember it is only 15 minutes a day!
The goal for all readers is 15 minutes per day, for a total of 105 minutes per week. Please return to this form each week to let us know that you completed your reading goal! Missed a week? That’s okay! You can select multiple weeks to catch up! Don’t forget to stop by the library to get a Discovery Kit each week.